Hi I’m Yannis, an experienced Project Manager, an passioned Data Analyst and a Lifelong Learner.
- Data Verification & Cleaning
- Data Visualization (ggplot, Matplotlib, Seaborn)
- Advanced knowledge of R
- Advanced Knowledge of Python (NumPy, Pandas)
- Knowledge of SQL
- Machine Learning (quite fluent on scikit-learn)
- Jupyter Notebook, R Studio, Spyder, Markdown, Git version control framework.
Fraud Detection Using Machine Learning
- Deployed Python and Scikit-learn for fraud classification.
- Evaluated the performance of several popular classifiers.
- Otimized the hyperparameters of the best performing algorithm.
Exploring Uber Demand in NYC
- Performed Data Wrangling and Exploratory Data Analysis on Uber ridership for the area of NYC.
- Concluding to the main factors that affect ridership.
- Developed a forecasting model that explains 95% of the variance.
- Assessed the quality of OpenStreetMap data for the center of Singapore.
- Cleaned a dataset of 476,842 records in XML format using Python and SQL.
- Corrected 1,019 entries of invalid street names, postcodes or amenities.
Niometrics - Senior Project Manager | Data Analytics
Singapore | November 2015 - February 2017
- Conducted requirement analysis meetings, and data mapping sessions to understand business needs.
- Coordinated data analysis, design, and information flow, of ad-hoc reports to the customers.
- Delivered Data Analytics Projects for two major Mobile Network Operators in the Asia Pacific region.
GLOBO PLC - Senior Presales Engineer
Athens, Greece | November 2012-October 2015
- Led a team of 3 Presales consultants
- Responsible to prepare and manage Mobile Offerings - on premise & cloud (Mobile Device Management, Mobile Application Development Platforms, Enterprise Mobility customized products) in international customers (mainly in Mobile Operators).
- Initiated and managed large mobility project assignments, (from initial consultancy to live execution).
- Manage and supported different teams during projects lifecycle (both from customers side and the company).
- Solutions demonstrations and technical presentations to high-profile potential customers and partners.
Coursera / University of Maryland - Community TA
Remote | June 2015 - September 2015
- Provided academic support to the students helping them understand the core concepts of the course.
- Helped students understand the syllabus, grading policies, course schedule, etc.
GLOBO PLC - Technical Project Manager
Athens, Greece | September 2010 - October 2012
- Responsible for mobile Cloud offerings (CitronGO!, GO!Social).
- Managing integration with Mobile Operators - Biling and Provisioning systems
- Successfully managed 14 international projects (mainly in Europe, Middle East, APAC region).
- Data management and visualization of users data for clearance, reconciliation and reporting purposes (signed users, concurrent users, renews, etc).
- Managing mobile user behavioral data through Mobile Operators cloud offerings
Nanodegree on Data Analytics
Udacity - Ongoing
(co-created by Facebook & MongoDB)
Specialization Certificate on Cybersecurity
University of Maryland / Coursera- 2015
MEng on Production Engineering & Management
Technical University of Crete - 2005